Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just Livin' Life

Today's been a good day :)


  1. I had a job interview this morning for a job that is perfect for me! It utilizes all the skills I learned as a bioinformatics major (turns out the stuff you learn in school actually is useful!) The interview went well (even if I did get lost in the parking garage after it was over) so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. I have another interview tomorrow for a totally different position, so keep your fingers crossed!
  2. We went out to lunch after the interview to celebrate and went to Mazio's for a pizza buffet. It was delicious and I even got 3 pieces of Hawaiian pizza. Shawn's dad had decided to go to Mazio's for lunch as well, so it was awesome having lunch with him.
  3. I went with Shawn to class again tonight. His classes are 3 1/2 hours long, so I just bring my laptop and sit in the study area and get stuff done. After he's done with class, we have to walk across a forever long parking lot to get to our car. I did not feel like walking across it, so Shawn gave me a piggyback ride across, with our backpacks and everything. Love him :)
  4. Our beloved OKC Thunder are currently beating the "unbeatable" San Antonio Spurs 63-48!! It's still too early to call the win, but this is super hopeful. Oh and me and the mister have tickets to the Saturday night game!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!
  5. We went to Justin's summer tournament basketball game today. That kid can shoot! His team looked solid, and I can't wait to see them get even better as they get older.
  6. My AWFUL sunburn from Memorial Day is finally peeling! Now I won't have to explain to everyone that it is in fact just a sunburn and not leprosy.
  7. I got to wear my new grown-up-interview sweater today. I kinda sorta love it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm loving this day because I can comment on your blog! Good work keeping it updated. Hope you get your dream job!! (I can't believe you go to class with Shwan...how do you pull yourself away from the pool? Don't you live in there? I would...except the whole swimming suit issue is a major drawback for me...but you don't have that problem...) Anyway, love ya! hope you have more great days like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do love the pool! The only downside is the nasty sunburns I seem to get every time I go out there. My last sunburn is finally settling down, so I think some more pool time is in order :) Love ya too!! Hope your days are looking up!

      Delete