Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012

So it seems like everytime that I say I'm going to get better at blogging that a bunch of other things come up and blogging gets pushed to the side again. But with the new year I'm more determined than ever to be better at documenting our life and blogging happens to be a great way of doing that.

Not too much happened to us during the fall. Shawn continued school and I continued work. For Thanksgiving break we were lucky enough to go to Branson, Missouri with the Beans! We had an amazing break and saw four incredible shows. After that, Shawn had finals and ended his first full semester of grad school with a 4.0!! Way to go babe! Only one more semester of school and we will be done forever! (Hopefully...)

After finals wrapped up, we headed out to Idaho for Christmas break. We hadn't seen my family for 8 months which was way way too long. I was able to take a lot of time off of work so we were able to be out there for almost 2 weeks. Nothing too grand or exciting happened during the break, but that was exactly how we wanted it to be. Life is always crazy so we loved doing nothing for 2 weeks but spending time with people that we loved and keeping traditions alive.

The girls all dressed up for Church (minus Michelle). It used to be that I was easily the tallest and now we are all close to the same height!! They are growing up way too fast.


My favorite boy EVER. I love him lots and lots and lots and lots.





Reenacting the nativity with my family. We even snuck Cuddles in there as a sheep.

Christmas morning at 6 am. I used to love waking up early as a kid, but as you can tell from my face, not so much anymore. But hey, at least we managed to coordinate our Christmas outfits!


As much as I love the rest of my family, these two girls definitely stole most of my attention over the break!! We're super lucky to be aunt and uncle to these two cuties!! 


Getting ready to make cookies!


 I love how she is so determined to move my hand out of the way so she can stir.




Christmas presents!! She would not stop riding on her horse all night.


Seriously. Love. this. girl.


Matching pajamas!


And finally, Shawn being an incredible uncle and playing pretty pretty princess :)



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he's playing pretty, pretty, princess! It's a great game!!

    ReplyDelete