Monday, January 28, 2013

My Amazing Wife

There are many times I find myself wondering how I got so lucky.  In fact, a couple of those times have occurred within the last two days, and I just had to share!

1/26/13- Krista and I live for weekends.  Week days are filled with work, class, homework, commuting, you get the picture.  Saturday is one of our only days to relax and take it easy.  On Saturday, Krista spent the late afternoon and evening shopping and cleaning so that I could go play basketball with some friends.  As soon as I got home with my brother Jourdon and our friend Caleb, Krista watched Bourne Legacy with three gross, sweaty boys.  Wow! 

1/27/13- Krista had a headache on Sunday that was pretty bad.  Luckily we had an easy dinner plan for the night that wasn’t going to require any cooking at all.  However, our easy dinner plan completely fell through, leaving us wondering what to do for dinner.  There would have been nothing wrong with suggesting Captain Crunch, but Krista decided she would make one of my favorite casseroles instead.  It was delicious!! 

These kinds of things happen all the time.  Krista has always been so good at the little things.  Things that I really enjoy are important to her, so she’ll encourage me to watch a Thunder game when it’s on, or to go play basketball with the guys.    

I just had to give my beautiful Krista a shout-out and thank her in front of everyone for how amazing she is!   I don’t know exactly what it is that I did to earn her love, but I sure am eternally grateful I have it. 

2 comments:

  1. You were the amazing man that your amazing parents raised you to be, and she recognized it when she met you and she is showing her HF her gratitude for that blessing by honoring you back. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. I'm a fan. Tell Krista I'm getting a t-shirt with her pic on it. Anyone who watches Bourne with sweaty guys deserves a trophy or something!! :) And Shawn, you're awesome too, so I could get a shirt with your face on it too.... ;) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete